Happy Luau

Friday, August 24, 2007

My Sacred Life Day 5

Today I wanted to share with you something I like to do every day in my quiet time. I love and collect inspirational card decks. Currently I'm using an oracle card deck from Sonia Choquette called "Trust Your Vibes". I am very eclectic about my spirituality; still, I have only recently and very cautiously incorporated Sonia's work into my regimen, primarily because of my bizarre fundamentalist Christian background with taboos against oracle cards, intuition, anything remotely seeming "psychic". I'm glad I did, though, because I've been able to be blessed by this card deck, which is truly wonderful. I have also read the book that the deck is based upon, with its emphasis on self-care and on trusting your intuition and your body. This process has brought life to parts of me that had been dead for years as a fundamentalist Christian. I had no idea how to listen to my body, or to trust my feelings, or that there even was something like intuition. Practicing these things has helped me to feel safe in my body, and helped me to trust in a benevolent Universe.

I chose this for My Sacred Life because when life is love-based instead of fear-based, it seems that everything works together to demonstrate that love in some way, including things like these cards.


Anyway, so here was my "spread" this morning:



First you set an intention or think of a problem. My problem was how down and crappy I felt.

The first card indicates the attitude or frame of mind with which to approach the problem.
This card was "Cloak Yourself In Light"---this refers to energetically surrounding yourself with light, positivity, and self-love.

The second card shows the best way to shift the energy.
This card was "Back to Basics"---this refers to self-care and meeting your basic physical needs---for me, I knew my diet was all out of kelter, so I decided to eat a diet of live raw foods during the day to cleanse and to break some of the goofy cravings I've been having lately. It is just too amazing how much better I feel after a day of being good to myself dietarily!

The third card suggests what you're overlooking.
This card was "See the Solution"---this refers to visualizing what you want, something I'd been neglecting today, being so mired in my "down" feelings.

The whole oracle card process was a shot in the arm, and a push in the direction I needed to go. Spirit does this for me---and of course for us all---every day, if we will just have eyes to see!


~Pictures by Amazon and Me

4 comments:

Carla said...

VERY cool, Olivia! The deck looks beautiful. Is that spread specific to that deck, or could it be used with other decks? I like its simplicity.

Olivia said...

Thanks, Carla.

I'd think that you could use the spread with any deck...

I also like the simplicity and beauty of this deck, too. It comes with a small book that expands upon the theme in detail, but now that I am becoming familiar with the cards, I find that I don't need it and can let Spirit inspire me further than the book can.

I do like tools like this...like your Story Beads...and finger labyrinths that I have...Energy Muse jewelry, etc. Tools that help us connect with Spirit.

Annie Z said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Olivia. I would love to hear more about the experiences you had with your fundamentalist background and where you are with it all now.

I'm on a new little journey right now with my spirituality that could end up being a wonderful new larger journey or just a little sidetrack journey that adds to the whole! Either way it is exciting.

These are great cards! And a great reading.

Annie
xxx

Olivia said...

Hello, Annie, I am currently an ex-fundamentalist in ongoing recovery and would love to share with you more about this. I may write something here in happyluau, too. I've enjoyed exploring your blog this morning as well. It's so nice to meet you via our sacred lives! Peace to you, Olivia