Happy Luau

Monday, August 27, 2007

Creative For A Month 11th & 12th Day

Yesterday and today I was creative in slightly different ways.

I did a lot of art to deal with my emotions, not being concerned with how it looked. It looks ok, though. I'll put up pictures when I'm done. But that was nice, not caring about the result, but being more involved in the process.

I took my old "Could Do" lists (I save them, can you believe it?...and I'd lost my current one) and ripped them up and then collaged them. Probably the best thing one could do with a "Could Do" list.

My hair is a fright (no pictures) with dark roots, frizzy blond ends and a style that makes me look like a sheepdog. I have a hair appointment Wednesday. So today I put my hair up in curlers. For me, that was a creative way of dealing with my problem. My hair felt bouncy and light and I could see without it hanging in my eyes. It took a while, but I figured I was being creative, so I justified it. It still looks bad, but it feels great! I usually don't mess with my hair at all, comparing it to all the worthwhile things I'd rather be doing. So I had fun :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Olivia! I know I have to get the markers and sketch pad out soon. I can feel a lot of stifled creativity yearning to break out.

patti said...

I laughed when I read that you had collaged your 'to do' lists - I like your spirit!

I hope your hair appointment manages to revitalise you.