Happy Luau

Monday, August 20, 2007

My Sacred Life Day 1

I've decided to participate in Carla Blazek's My Sacred Life Project. Carla started this a couple of days ago, writing:

"Finally, today I decided to start a new bloggy project called My Sacred Life. Every day for at least a month I'm going to post a photo from my daily life. Today the photo was me, but it may not always be me -- it might be my altar, a candle I'm burning, my dogs, the garden, a friend, a book I'm reading, nature, something I did, someplace I went, something important to me, or, who knows, maybe just my morning bowl of Cheerios! The idea is to creatively connect with the holiness of everyday life and I also need a gentle little kick in the butt to turn OFF the game of Hearts and other shadow comforts and start writing again."

I love this idea, and am excited about it. So to start it off, I'm going to post a picture reminiscent of my previous post "Crack":



This is a freshly laid egg from one of my three chickens--Isadora (except we know it's not from her because her eggs are big and white), Tallujah, and Beatrix. Both of the latter two girls lay brown eggs, and are both currently laying, while Izzy is currently abstaining. So this egg belongs to Tally or Trixy. It definitely qualifies for "Everyday Sacred"...I love my pet chickens and enjoy the eggs they create from the organic food we give them.

Well, so now I have two projects running concurrently: "My Sacred Life Project" and "Creative for a Month Project". I enjoy the idea of connecting with the holiness in everyday life. I especially love the idea of melding sacredness with creativity and ordinariness---I'm psyched! AND looking forward to a fantastic month of learning and growth!

~Picture by Me

No comments: