Happy Luau

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Getting Creative the Last Two Days


Well, the last two days have been interesting. I've continued to work on my four collages, making progress.

I've found that I work differently, especially slower, thinking that I'm going to be sharing my art with others. I've never really done that before. I sort of got over the abject fear hesitation and am currently just pretending that I'm not going to be sharing them with anyone, so that I can continue to work authentically. I expect that this is a big hurdle everyone must face sooner or later when they first decide to share their work.

Yesterday I went on an Artist Date...remember those from Finding Water? I'd not been on one since we finished our twelfth week! I was with LoveHubbie while he was working in another town, and I'd brought my novel-start that I've been working on for months. So while he was working, I walked and walked, reading my novel-start and remembering, then reading a little more and walking some more, trying to immerse myself in the story I'd wanted to create.

I decided that one character is now out, and I'm going to delete her from everything. Plus I got some other ideas for the rest of the novel, especially what voice sounds best for the main character to use. It was great walking and thinking...walking and thinking....

I decided I want to bring back the Artist Date; it's a great way of being creative.

No comments: