Happy Luau

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Creative For A Month 9th & 10th Day

Yesterday I finished my last unfinished collage from the spring, called "Opening". This is what it looked like before, here to the left.






This is what it looks like finished!


So now I'm ready for something new.

I've also been writing daily, although I have yet to set regular writing hours. It is easier and easier to make art and to write, a welcome change. Now, though, I am ready to explore new ways of being creative...kind of branch out.

I hurt my foot (again) in some weird way that makes it almost impossible for me to walk, and in addition I feel pretty withdrawn, like sleeping and curling up with books and being waited on hand and foot by a love genie. Unfortunately LoveHubbie doesn't do sick too well and is not a happy love genie, especially today.

On top of it all I lost my "Could Do List" (euphemism for "To Do" List that doesn't fool anyone---let alone me) and my Daily Habits Sheet when I was out yesterday. This could be a good thing.

So here I am, kind of stuck trying to figure out how to get through the weekend in SO MUCH PAIN (until Monday when my doctor's office reopens)...seems like the perfect time to use what is going on with me (remembering Leah's migraine) and to look for new ways to be creative, especially while turbo-incubating (since that's what I feel like doing anyway).




~Pictures by Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you Feel Better Soon vibes.

Leah said...

(((hugs))) take good care of yourself. perhaps you can find some creative ways to give yourself self-care? doodling in bed, watching a good movie, coloring with crayons (sometimes coloring a blank mandala, something you could probably find online and print out, is a nice way to relax.) or just let yourself full relax and incubate. you've been doing so much!

love the opening piece! the color is great. very earthy and grounded.

((hugs))

Olivia said...

Thanks for caring, Kelly & Leah...and the creativity ideas are great...I'll share what happens soon :)