Happy Luau

Friday, August 24, 2007

Displaying the "My Sacred Life" Button in Blogger

This post is for those of us in Carla Blazak's My Sacred Life Project, now numbering 17+ people. Since my comment on Carla's blog was incredibly confusing and sparse, I thought I'd repost better and detailed instructions here for installing the "My Sacred Life" Button in Blogger. The button was designed by the amazing Karen Smithey, of Art in the Garage, who also designed the header for happyluau.

Note that these steps will only work in Blogger:

1. Go to "Layout".

2. Go to "Template", then choose "Add a Page Element".

3. Pick:

"HTML/JavaScript
Add third-party functionality or other code to your blog"

4. Paste the code in from Carla's post on 8-23. I would put the code here, but I can't get it to display properly; I don't have the HTML skills. So, given that, look at Carla's post and find the code in the center of the post. It starts with a "less than sign" and the letter "a" and ends with an "a" and a "greater than" sign. Cut and paste it into the "Content" section in its entirety.

You can leave the title blank if you'd like, or put one in.

4. After you make sure it works (display it by saving it and then using "View Blog" to be sure), position the logo wherever you like by dragging and dropping it in the right hand column.

It will display the button and link to the post on Carla's site.

Hope this helps!

No comments: