Happy Luau

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Sacred Life Day 23

I've struggled to find a suitable way to commemorate 9/11, the loss of life, the sacrifices so many people made, the grief many families still live with, and the lives that are being lost in our current war. There is no suitable way.

So, I'm going to blatantly copy an idea that at least two others in our My Sacred Life blogging community have come up with as a small token of respect.



Hopefully you can read my candle (which is from Carla's company Zena Moon) but in case you can't, it says:
There are some griefs so loud
They could bring down the sky.
And there are some griefs so still
Noone knows how deep they are. ---May Sarton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia, what a beautiful tribute. xoxo

Rick Hamrick said...

You hit upon my one single feeling yesterday. It was tremendous sadness. Not only for those who were innocents in the attacks, but for those who, with full knowledge of the risks, gave all there was to give that day. Today, it is to the families and friends who continue to miss their loved ones who I wish peace, and I send love.

Olivia said...

Thank you, Carla and Rick.

I wish there was more I could say, but I am at a loss for words about this.