Happy Luau

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

BE BRAVE: Day 28: How I Use(d) Food

BE BRAVE, otherwise known as "Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You", is the title of the month-long project inspired by Jessie. I am participating daily for a month. Today is Day 28.

Today I wanted to tackle a big deal in my life---my current relationship with food. I am a foodie and love food. I've gotten over the full-time carbohydrate cravings since I've gone low-carb and now am only bothered intermittently. So now food doesn't run my life in that way. I still love food and hope to always feel this way. Here are some of my food pictures from Maui:







This is heaven for me. So you see, I'm not a junk food type of girl. But food still runs my life in one way: LATE NIGHT EATING!

The first video is just over a minute long:



The second video is just over a minute long as well:



~Pictures by LoveHubbie Mark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia, I am so proud of you for recognizing that "I need to zone out" wasn't true. I eat before bed because if I don't, my tummy growls and keeps me awake. But a handful of almonds will quiet my stomach.

Do you have any strategies planned for when that urge hits you? Do you have an alternate activity ready? Can you drink water or have an herbal tea instead?

Just curious. What you're doing is very brave. I am sending THIS IS EASY energy your way.

Anonymous said...

I think for me, it's been about rewarding myself at the end of a day and I associate food with relaxation.
I'm sending you 'success thoughts' for tonight Olivia!

Mary said...

Just found your blog today, over from Diary of a Self-Portrait and I'm sending you supportive thoughts from Oregon! You CAN do this! Best of luck.

Olivia said...

Kelly, Thank you for your comments and your "THIS IS EASY" energy...it worked! No, I didn't have success last night, but I took your advice to heart, and discussed it in my therapy session. It's my theme for Wellness Wednesday (soon to come...later tonight!) Thank you for your VERY perceptive insights, as always, Love, O

Olivia said...

Thanks, Kate! Keep 'em coming, I'm revving up to be successful tonight! Blessings and love, O

Olivia said...

Mary, Thank you! I am persisting and I hope to succeed tonight---thank you for your good thoughts :) Peace, love, and joy, O