Happy Luau

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sacred Life Sunday: Extra Time


Today I was grateful for some extra time.

Both LoveHubbie and I have some weird virus or food poisoning and feel super-lousy...we both have the runs, too. We had an evening dinner function we needed to attend and LoveHubbie decided that it wouldn't make a difference if I opted out, although he still had to go, as it is job-related for him. One of the numerous benefits of not having a high pressure very important job (and believe me, I know there are many, many benefits!) is that no one except him really cares if I go to such things or not.

I saved the time getting dressed up and doing my hair (45 minutes), driving to the location and parking (30 minutes), being at the dinner (one hour), and driving home (30 minutes). That's 2 hours and 45 minutes, pure treasure. I'm going to read and phone a much-missed friend.

Unexpected extra time is a lovely sabbath gift.


~Photo of odd tree roots on Kauai taken by LoveHubbie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Olivia said...

Thanks, Lori-Lyn. I LOVED your post about church today. Aloha energy, O

Kate Robertson said...

I hope you feel better soon. That lovehubbie of yours is quite a gem. The gift of time is amazing.

Kate

Olivia said...

Thanks, Kate. It ended up being such a gift, too---I also dreamed last night about Hawaii :) Thank you for the sweet words and appreciation of the gift, Love, O

Suzie Ridler said...

Unexpected extra time can be such a joy, it's true. I'm so glad you had the freedom to make that choice.

So nice to know another lobster foodie!

Olivia said...

Thank you, Suzie. Yes, that is something else to be grateful for...the freedom to even choose. I do have a lot of time freedom and often do not acknowledge it even to myself. Peace, O