Happy Luau

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Second Most Important Man in My Life


The second most important man in my life, my dad (technically, my father-in-law, but effectively my father) died early this morning. We're going to Hooks, Texas to bury him. My husband's two brothers and my dad's 8 grandchildren will be there, too. I wrote extensively about him in my morning pages early this morning.

I like this picture of him because you can see the love in his eyes, his sense of humor, and the happiness of his second wife---the second love of his life, Betty. My husband's mom died in middle age, and Dad remarried quickly after he met Betty and they found happiness together. How fortunate to find true love not once but twice in a lifetime!

I was blessed to have such a wonderful dad for seven years. I am thankful for him and for what he taught me.

6 comments:

Leah said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. he sounds like a wonderful man.

Anonymous said...

You CAN see all those things in his eyes. What a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing this. It is touching me deeply.

gma said...

So sorry!

Jessie said...

olivia, i am so sorry for your loss. when i first saw this photo, it made me immidiately smile. there is so much love in that their eyes and their smiles. then i read your words. i am sending you a big hug and lots of love.

i am finally catching up with your blog. it feels good to finally be here and to be reading your thoughts.

peace to you, olivia. i am looking forward to returning on a much more regular basis. promise. ;)

Olivia said...

Thank you so much, Leah, Kelly, Gemma, and Jessie. It was so nice to come back from Texas and see your well-wishes and condolences. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Olivia said...

Thank you, Melba. I appreciate your visiting and commenting. I do have so many wonderful memories of Dad, enough to last a lifetime.