Happy Luau

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back from Texas


Hi, all! I'm back from Texas, and I can see I have a lot of catching up to do. Thank you everyone for your condolences.

The funeral was so healing. I was, on principle, against conventional funerals, but my experience in east Texas changed my mind. My Dad's funeral was conventional and modest, and a perfect reflection of him---of his life, of who he was, and of whom he loved.

Hubbie and I went to a private viewing before the public viewing, and attended the public viewing and funeral. We visited with a lot of family. The funeral was conducted by Dad's pastor and his brother, who is a minister from New Mexico. The church then gave us all a homemade potluck luncheon that was obviously made with lots of love. Hubbie and I reached some closure about Dad, and built stronger bonds between our other siblings.

Dad was the head of an amazing and loving family. I am so blessed to be a part of it.

We flew the red eye both ways, so we're both tired, but are glad we got to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No words in any language can possibly express how very much I will miss him and his love for both of us.