Happy Luau

Friday, April 6, 2007

You're Enough

"For many of us, raised to believe that money is the real source of security, a dependence on God feels foodhardy, suicidal, even laughable. When we consider the lilies of the fields, we think they are quaint, too out of it for the modern world. Listening to the siren song of more, we are deaf to the still small voice waiting in our soul to whisper, "You're enough."---Julia Cameron in "Inspirations"

Decluttering awakens me to the wisdom of less, the freedom of less, and the excitement of new beginnings, although they be intertwined with loss. This is how life works.

I am, and my husband is also, presently enmeshed in one of the most difficult times of loss either one of us has ever had. First my husband lost his father less than a month ago. Now we have a mind-numbing loss that I will write more about later, but one that is especially poignant because it is Easter time. It's important for me to remember my frequent comment to others that "this too shall pass" and that dependence on God is the only way many of us (including me) can get through life. For me, in some mystical way, God is within me, something I used to call the Holy Spirit, but now I feel more comfortable just calling "spirit" or "me".

Below is a beautiful picture I purchased a while ago by an unknown artist (I can't read her/his name in the signature). It is a poem called "I Am Enough". I love this, and think you will too:

I wish everyone a wonderful Easter, and a glorious weekend of beautiful weather. We are expected to have a high of 80 degrees today and our Farmer's Market is open after being closed all winter. Spring has sprung.

~Top picture with my cell phone, bottom by Hubbie Mark

4 comments:

Rick Hamrick said...

What a delight discovering your little place here!

I ran across your blog's name at Lisa Evans' site, and every blog or website I have visited which had any connection to Lisa has proven to be worth the trip. Yours is a joy, as well!

Confession: For too long this morning as I perused your site, I honestly thought your husband's name was "Hubbie Mark"...in other words, last name "Mark", with a very interesting first name. I finally figured it out (okay, so I'm no rocket scientist...).

Looking forward to seeing what you write next, Olivia!

Rick

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. It's true. You are enough. K

Gypsy Purple said...

Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed Easter

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your trying times. I hope you are doing ok.