Happy Luau

Monday, April 9, 2007

Bad Surprises

"Surprise is where creativity comes in."---Ray Bradbury via "Finding Water" by Julia Cameron


I have been surprised by truth these last several days, especially today, and have the opportunity to be creative in my life, not in the classic sense, as with art or writing. I can really see the connection between creativity and divine guidance when I view it this way.

As a recovered recovering control freak I'm used to viewing surprise as unwelcome if it was a "bad" surprise (as opposed to a happy surprise), because it meant I wasn't in control, and was at the effect of something. (I didn't mind not being in control for a happy surprise.) Instead, I can choose to see "bad" surprises as an opening, a chance to apply creativity to life, and to welcome divine guidance right in the moment, at the exact time when it is needed.

This quote in our reading was an epiphany and a balm. I am grateful.



~Picture by Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, this picture is GORGEOUS!!!

Olivia said...

hanks, Kelly, I altered it using Paintshop Pro! What fun to take a bad surprise and make it into a beautiful picture! A peaceful and blessed night to you, and thanks as always for visiting,

Olivia