Happy Luau

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Weird Random Thoughts

This is a post about my random thoughts after reading several of the blogs I track regularly.

There was an article about how Texas was the last bastion of Neanderthal's after this article about Texas justice, ostensibly an oxymoron. Hubbie Mark is from Texas, but in this case I have to agree. Is this not unbelievable or what? UPDATE: A reader called attention to some of the details in this story and noooow it makes sense to me. I missed the ball on this one...ooops!

There was a bizarre picture of a make-shift refrigeration system in the upper Midwest. I am soooo glad that I no longer live in South Dakota, when I see the height of the snow...although my time there was good in many ways, I'm a Pacific Northwest girl through and through.

And then, lastly, there is an article about a pet peeve of mine, and admittedly, I'm writing this greatly for my hubbie. He doesn't understand why it drives me crazy when the person in the seat ahead of me in an airplane lowers his/her seat, most especially when it doesn't need to be lowered, say, if they are eating. I don't mind subsuming my being able to enjoy my flight via reading to accommodate my fellow passenger's need to sleep. I do mind sacrificing my enjoyment of the flight I've paid for for absolutely no reason whatsoever---simply because they forgot to raise their seat. I have to admit that I usually "raise" it for them, since they are so oblivious. But Hubbie is afraid that a fight will someday ensue, and he will be forced to defend my honor. I guess his fears are somewhat legitimate?



~Lower picture via my cell phone, upper photo and first two weird random things from Brother Rick

No comments: