Happy Luau

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Small Gifts of Life


"In order to thrive as artists---and, once could argue, as people---we need to be avilable to the universal flow. When we put a stopper on our capacity for joy by anorectically declining the small gifts of life, we turn aside the larger gifts as well."---Julia Cameron in "Inspirations: Meditations from The Artist's Way"

Today I want to accept the small gifts of life. Today. Right now. In the midst of the fray. What small gifts is the Universe bringing your way today?


~Picture by Hubbie Mark from his Night Flowers collection

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Small gifts today... I donated my Lucinda Williams CDs to my favourite cafe and they treated me to a pot of tea. Oh, and they put Lucinda on right away.

Olivia said...

Wow, Kelly, good for you. Gifts beget gifts and generosity generosity. What a great example of something I wouldn't think of to do (but I'm glad you did) and is really the essence of gift giving! It opens me up to think out-of-the-box for giving to others!