1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a ‘hoopla’ and not the dreaded ‘m’-word (which, for you bloggy newbies, is meme...no mean old memes this time).
3. You have to specifically tag people when you’re done. None of this "if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed…then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you — but the more, the merrier to get this ‘hoopla’ circulating through the Blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I’d like to get as many people involved as possible.
1. I do not enjoy anything having to do with Christmas now, except blog posts that many of you have put up!
2. I don’t decorate for Christmas but do put up my little composite (hard plastic) Christmas tree with lights and decorations built into it that I featured in one of my videos.
3. Christmas is a time of grieving for my husband, because he hasn’t spent a Christmas with his children since 1998, due to an adversarial divorce. I spend time trying to help him feel better.
4. I used to like to sing carols and to play carols on the guitar and piano for others to sing, when I was young.
5. A nice Christmas memory I have is when I visited my biological family, who was living in Germany at the time, and got to drink gluwein and eat brockwurst and shop at the marketplace.
6. My mother attempted suicide on Christmas Eve in 1980. She ended up dying nine days later from leukemia.
7. I enjoy getting Christmas cards from distant friends so that I can see how they are doing.
8. My favorite Christmas present was a blue Roadmaster bicycle when I was 8.
9. When my grandparents were alive, I used to love to visit them for Christmas, and then go to my Aunt Stella’s house nearby to see all of my cousins. I had an Uncle, Louis Hrabak, who used to play with model trains and I enjoyed those as a child.
10. I like those little model trains they have in some restaurants that go all over the restaurant (usually above the diners). This is not a Christmas memory, but I thought I’d mention it.
11. My husband’s office is closed for four days over Christmas so he will be home.
12. When I lived in Arizona years ago, I had a Christmas cactus and took my two dogs to get their pictures with Santa at PetsMart.
I don’t think I’ll tag anyone this year, but just wish everyone a wonderful time with their friends and family---or alone!