Happy Luau

Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Walk On My Driveway In Pictures

Since I've hurt my knees, I've had to walk on flat surfaces. Thus, I've been walking up and down my driveway, which is 1/4 mile round trip. I end up walking about 5 miles a day there, but spread out over the whole day. Here are some pictures from my walk yesterday, and ending with a few from tonight. I hope they load quickly...and of course, that you enjoy them. I've been impressed with people's photoblogs of their trips. Even though I haven't gone anywhere, my driveway is pretty special, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Here I am starting out:




Below is a yew tree that is hundreds of years old. They are apparently somewhat rare and "symbolic of sadness", according to Wikipedia. We have two that I know of on our property. It does look a little sad, but lovely, doesn't it?



Now this is how my driveway curves---back and forth---leisurely and beautifully.




Towards the end there is a small scenic field bordered by tall trees.




Sometimes the trees are dead, but they still stand tall and can eventually become "snags" for wildlife to inhabit. This tree is not yet a snag, but it's definitely on its way out. I still like how it looks.




This is one of my favorite trees. I think it's a maple. D will know and tell me :) I have two views of it, because it's just so gorgeous:





I'm almost back at the house. Here is our graveyard for our beloved pet chickens who have died: Henny Penny, Harriet, Harriet 2, Ebony, Angelina, and Clementine.




Here is the same driveway this evening. I love how the light shines through the trees. It's a long band that cuts across the driveway,




and through the field,




Here are two closeups of the band of light from the setting sun:





And here I am positioned right in the center of the light band with my back to the setting sun. I like the effect of the long shadow. I did this on purpose:




I hope you enjoyed the walk. Not as glamorous as some trips, but in its own way, spectacular.


~Pictures by Me with My Newly Found Camera

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your patch of earth is breathtaking...idyllic. Heaven.

Olivia said...

You know, Kelly, it is...we went out to look at the garden in the back tonight and it didn't even look real...it was too beautiful...I will take some pictures.

Unknown said...

Olivia,your pics are beautiful.I'm a big fan of trees and thechanging light thru the trees. The extrordinary in what may seem common.Good job.