Happy Luau

Friday, June 8, 2007

Trusting Life...And Valuing Each Step


"Disappointment, without anger, is the mark of an old soul.

Not being disappointed, Olivia, is the mark of a really old soul.

And trusting life so thoroughly that every step on its path is valued more than where it was supposed to take you, is the mark of eternal youth."---TUT message today


This quote was SO for me today. I had a huge disappointment and I was angry yesterday. I worked through a lot of it over several hours. Well, actually about nineteen agonizing hours, some of which I slept and most of which I had a f***ing migraine but who's counting? So today this quote really spoke to me. Trusting life. So thoroughly. That every step on its path is valued. That is my goal.

I was able to transform my anger into closer to a peacefulness and acceptance of disappointment. When I'm off guard, I still venture into anger...and then, slowly, remembering, b-r-i-n-g myself back to what I know. I do trust life. I can handle disappointment. Everything is a lesson in the School of Life. Each person is a gift to teach me something very important....and then I'm back to peace. My committment is to peace. The Universe is looking out for me...and always has peace readily available for me should I simply choose it. But trust is the key to how I choose it.

The anger comes and goes and each time I choose peace and trust. It's all I can do, but it's enough.

Ok, now I feel better. Thanks for listening :)

~Picture by Hubbie Mark

4 comments:

Jessie said...

i spent a large part of my day trying to chose peace also. it is hard sometimes...but it always seems to pay off.

i'm catching up with your blog...and i gotta tell you, i absolutely LOVED accompanying you on your walk down your driveway. what a lucky woman you are! it is beautiful.
:)

Leah said...

((((hugs)))) to you my dear. xoxo

Olivia said...

You two are amazing, supportive, beautiful FW friends. I love you both!

patti said...

I always find anger is just self-hurting. I still get disappointed but less and less angry. I guess that means I'm almost an old soul!