Happy Luau

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Occasion to Apologize

I took the opportunity today to make some courtesy calls to repair some relationships in the business community today, relationships that had been fractured by someone who had worked for us and who had represented us in dealings with other businesses. I am of the opinion that it makes sense to always treat people well, no matter who they are or what they do for or with you. Being kind, respectful, and honest is always in order. I didn't feel like I could leave on vacation without handling the repair of these relationships in a responsible way.

So I called and apologized on this person's behalf (since we had hired them) for the way in which interactions were handled. The response was universally the same; each person was appreciative and thanked me. It made me feel so good to have things settled and to have apologized; even though it had not been us (me and Hubbie) who had been directly responsible, we were indirectly totally responsible because we had hired this individual.

It feels sooo good to clean up messes. It also feels really good to take responsibility when it's yours. It really, really feels good to treat people as they deserve to be treated---kindly, and with gratitude for their contributions. It makes you...well---me, feel good about life.



~Picture by Hubbie Mark

No comments: