Happy Luau

Monday, June 18, 2007

A House Full of Company and This Trip


As of yesterday, I have company! So I may be blogging a little less.

I've saved for three years to take some of my friends to Maui for my 50th birthday. I am also taking Hubbie. It is the first time he has been "taken" anywhere, although he has provided vacations to others (including me) throughout his life in his position as "main wage earner". So it is a big huge deal for me, especially to be able to take him. I'm not sure he still as yet believes that it is really happenning, and that I've actually done it :) I have a history of years of being underemployed, and of having difficulty earning money. However, this is all changing (!) and this trip is the first step. It is hard to really express how big a deal it is for me, and for my belief in my self and in my abilities to actually be able to do this.

This trip as I originally conceived it started out with several special friends coming with me. Over the three years of saving and preparation, my friendships changed (some of them very long term), and basically, I lost some friends who I'd planned would come with me. This trip ended up being sort of a sorting or sifting process. I thought this was very hard at the time of each loss, but now that this trip is here, it feels absolutely perfect. This will not only be a time of fun, but a deeply spiritual time, and a time of personal growth for all of us. I am learning that everything always works out perfectly for our learning and growth, whether we recognize it or not.

Anyway, I'm sooo excited. More soon.

2 comments:

Leah said...

how amazing, olivia!! to have saved all this time and what a treat for you and your loved ones! can't wait to hear all about it.

Olivia said...

Oh, and you will, Leah! Thank you for all of your encouragement and support always---you're terriff!