Happy Luau

Monday, June 18, 2007

I'd Forgotten

I'd forgotten:

How good it feels to be known, understood, and loved simply for who you are.

How much fun it is to have a long history together.

How family has little to do with blood and everything to do with love.

How happy the "path of no-drama" is...after weeks of high drama. This phrase borrowed from Carla Blazek.

How special Hubbie really, truly is. I forget and remember this lots of times, but I'm remembering it especially hugely today.



Yes, how good it feels to be known, understood, and loved simply for who you are. (It bears repeating.)


~Picture by Nephew Extraordinaire Daryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, so true. I find it difficult to accept, to settle into the feeling of being known, understood and loved simply for being who I am, but I am working on it.

Olivia said...

Me, too, Kelly. It can be hard to learn to receive, but it can be easy, too.

Your story is making a believer out of me :)