Happy Luau

Friday, October 31, 2008

Rock My World!

Kim Mailhot, the Queen of Arts, sent me ten rocks, to do with whatever I saw fit. Here and here is where she writes about the rocks. What a creative idea! A way of spreading love around...

So I made this short video (2:36) about the rocks. One thing I promise when you see it is that your hair will never looks worse than mine at the video's start...so you now need never feel like you need to look any special way in making a video. I've busted that myth forever. For-EVER!



For the next few days, I'm going to make little videos about what I do with the rocks. It should be an interesting journey.

One thing, already interesting, is that one of my rocks is a BE BRAVE rock. I don't know if Kim knew how much the BE BRAVE project means to me. Here is my BE BRAVE summary from the first season of BE BRAVE, and my first post from the second season of BE BRAVE. That second season has languished lately, and I've realized that I'd forgotten all about it. Not just the second season, but about being brave. I have indeed moved into survival...again. So this rock was a great reminder. When I saw the rock in the video, I "misread" it because I "mis-saw" it, thinking it said, "Be Here". I'm all for being here, for being present, but I also want to be brave. So guess who is going to get that rock?

Here is one of my favorite BE BRAVE posts, the Libby Sauter video, one I've watched again and again and again. If you haven't seen it...or even if you have, watch it now:

8 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Wow Olivia ! I feel very honored and flattered and blessed to have my little old rocks and me as part of a video ! It honestly made me cry with joy to think that something I did reached right across the country and touched someone else. Not only that but it is going to keep on touching others as you spread the love around on your end. So very very special ! Thank you for literally rocking my world today !

(I watched your video with my sweet Birthday Boy hubby looking over my shoulder. I saw a tear in his eye from how proud he felt of me...also very very special !)

And yes, I remembered about the "be brave" project and knew I had to include a rock with those words for you ! I have written it on quite a few rocks so far - usually little, tiny round ones. Big words for little rocks but they seem to carry a strong effect that way ! Didn't know you needed a reminder but so glad it worked out that way !:-D
Anyway thanks again for carrying on the "Rock my World" project with such love and care ! I know you will soon see the love come boomaranging back to you, just as I have !
I will stay tuned for the next episode !
Love Kim
oxoxo

Kate Robertson said...

Those rocks are a wonderful idea...


Kate

Olivia said...

Gosh, Kim, thank you for that beautiful comment! It means a great deal to me. Blessings and love, O

Olivia said...

Kate,

Aren't they? And they are easy to make too, and look like fun (I think that just because I've read Kim's tutorial, but I will try it). Have a great evening, Peace and blessings, O

Kate Robertson said...

Olivia,

I think I may have to make these. I had noticed the ones McCabe made and a few other too. To receive a message like this on just the day you need it would be so great. I checked out Kim's directions and it seems simple enough. I think I will be rock hunting soon.

Kate

Olivia said...

Sounds great, Kate. You (like me) like to experiment with diverse artsy ideas, and this one--sharing and radiating love--has double the pleasure! xxoo, O

Unknown said...

Ohh I loved that video with Libby! I started holding my breathe on that last walk across and the found myself cheering when she made it. So cool!

Olivia said...

Kristine, So did I, so much! It is probably my favorite video, as it so illustrates bravery! Peace, O