Happy Luau

Friday, November 2, 2007

BE BRAVE Summary

BE BRAVE, otherwise known as "Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You", is the title of the month-long project inspired by Jessie. I just completed BE BRAVE on Thursday. Over my 30 days of BE BRAVE, I:

1. Wrote my first Amazon Vine review.
2. Discovered in my heart that I deserve nice things, ordered a designer key fob.
3. Stood up for myself.
4. Made first video ever.
5. Conquered my fear of groups. Really!
6. Took a yoga class.
7. Grounded my health by giving up sugar & refined carbs & alcohol.
8. Started a low carb diet.
9. Decided to stay sober, sugar-free, and refined carb-free for a good while.
10. Decided to do NaNoWriMo, a writing challenge.
11. Became more authentic on my blog.
12. Attempted to get more sleep (still have work here).
13. Eventually stopped putting myself down for my hair.
14. Made first video Amazon review.
15. Did first guest blog spot on a blog.
16. Opened up to a new friend.
17. Figured out how to use my new word processor.
18. Took on procrastination and broke through it many times.
19. Said no to good things that weren't right for me.
20. Learned how to give myself permission to take a break.
21. Became more comfortable with receiving good things from the Universe.
22. Began to lose weight.
23. Began to feel my feelings.
24. Experimented with being present.
25. Decided to adopt being present as a spiritual practice.
26. Started and continued to due yoga every day.
27. Shook up my patterns by doing things differently.
28. Discovered that I could be brave with the flu.
29. Learned to face difficult intimate conversations better.
30. Discovered the ease that comes with perseverance.
31. Eliminated clutter on To Do List.
32. Cleaned my pantry.
33. Did things imperfectly with comfort.
34. Dealt with my most feared person ever.
35. Learned to trust that the Universe will come through for me.
36. Practiced keeping myself safe.
37. Had video featured for the first time on another blog.
38. Stopped out-of-control late night eating.
39. Decided to help create a Complaint-Free World.
40. Found out that things could be easy instead of hard, if I wanted them to.
41. Discovered that being afraid is something I can move through.
42. Surprised myself with what I could do.
43. Fell in love with this community.

BE BRAVE never ends. Ever. It has changed my life forever. YOU have changed my life forever. Thank you to Jessie, who started it all, and to each one of you precious, precious souls. Blessings and abundance and love to each of you forever, With love, O

29 comments:

Annie Z said...

Wow, Olivia! Thats an incredible list!!!!! You must be feeling so good about all you have done. These are fantastic achievements to be so proud of!!
Annie
xxx

eleventh hour said...

Blessings on all those new beginnings! Your hair is very cute. :-)

Olivia said...

Thanks, Annie! I didn't realize just how much had happened until I made the list for Jessie's compilation :)

And thank you, too, eleventh hour. I won't even disagree with you about my hair, although it's hard---I'll just say "thank you"!

Peace, joy, and abundance to you both,
O

Rick Hamrick said...

Gosh, Olivia...I hope you have visited Easy World.

http://iliveineasyworld.com

Everyone is welcome, and we all know we belong when we get there.

Olivia said...

Thanks for the link, Rick. It's definitely a place I need to go, but one that I have avoided for most of my life, but no more. I will explore this. Your wife is very talented, Rick :) Blessings, O

Unknown said...

Such a great list! Wow! You have done SO much in 30 days! I admire you and am contnually inspired.

Olivia said...

Thanks, laundrygirl! You know it happens in baby steps, though. Bit by bit, step by step. It starts off, and as long as your persist, develops momentum, and almost happens despite everything rather than because of everything you're doing. It's hard to explain, but I'm excited for you to experience it, too Kristine.

I could never have done NaNoWriMo without prepping through BE BRAVE.

I wish you all the best with both of these, and know that you can do it. You really, truly can. Honestly, I would have thought I couldn't before. Everything HAS changed...but really nothing has changed, except my belief in myself and my ability to keep moving past the fear.

Love, blessings, and peace, O

Jessie said...

Olivia, this list is...wow--fantastic! I am so very glad that you have done/are doing this be brave project with me. You have kept me going on more than anyone because you put so much of yourself into it and even on days that I didn't feel confident about anything, you made me want to keep going with it too.

I want to stay connected with you on this. I plan to keep blogging about it and I hope that you will also. I am totally addicted to your video posts, btw! I think of you often and, sometimes, when I am thinking about something difficult in terms of being brave, I often have conversations with you in my mind about things. I think to myself: "what would olivia say?" And I love it that I am actually able to imagine you talking to me! ;)

Anyway, I'm sending you a great big hug and I'm adding your list to tomorrows BIG be brave list. Thank you for being so absolutely and completely WONDERFUL!!!

xoxoxo,
j.

madelyn said...

I am so happy you posted your
adorable video ~ because then
it also inspired Jessie to
post hers ~ I am thinking about
it but feeling a bit self
conscious ~ something I can build
into my be brave
in the future:)

Do you live in the woods?
This artist I just met has a cabin
in the woods ~ it looks like
you are perched in a tree house:)

GREAT list!


hugs

Maddie

madelyn said...

I have a doll named Olivia btw:)

igoddess.com said...

That's IT! Olivia thank you for sharing your challenges -- you've inspired me to do the same. I'm signing up today!

Thanks for your blog and your insights, I've enjoyed my visit :-)

Love and delight,
Anita
iGoddess.com

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

I, too, have mostly stopped putting myself down. It creeps up on me occasionally, though. Thanks for the reminder.
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
www.howtodoitfrugally.com

Olivia said...

Thank you, Jessie! I definitely want to keep blogging about this, and absolutely want to stay in touch with you. I'm hoping you'll come for a writing retreat, too. xxoo

I did put a lot of myself into this, and you did too. We both inspired each other! And everyone else inspired me, too. It was really the most powerful thing I've ever done, which would include est (now Landmark), religious retreats, life coach training, personal development seminars, etc. None of those helped me to deal with fear the way BE BRAVE did. WOW!

Love you, Jessie

Olivia said...

I am right in the middle of the woods, Maddie! You absolutely can make a video---it's so easy! We're all very shy here basically and all slightly traumatized when we see ourselves on camera the first time, and think that nobody will ever want to watch our videos, but that's not true. It's fun and it helps you to be less self-conscious overall.

Love and blessings, O

Olivia said...

Maddie,

I love the name Olivia and I'll tell you a secret: I changed my name to Olivia, which means "peace" when I was in my early 30's. It was a way of putting my past behind me and moving ahead without negative baggage from my childhood.

Peace, O

Olivia said...

You go, Anita! It will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life! Blessings, O

Olivia said...

You're welcome, Carolyn. We all need that reminder, including me. Now you've reminded me back :) Blessings, O

Anonymous said...

Hi Olivia,

Yes that is an impressive list. Good for you!

I really enjoyed perusing your site. Your approach to life is uplifting.

Keep it up.

Thanks for your comments on my site. I hope you visit often.

Happy Trails,

JJ

Olivia said...

Thank you, JJ. I appreciate your visit and your comments. Blessings, O

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Ok, holy moly! You are a brave woman. Congrats for completing such a challenging project. You are awesome! Bev

Olivia said...

Thanks, Bev, that means a lot :) Love, O

Underground Controversy said...

Hi Olivia!
I like your site and really liked the "Be Brave" section. Very creative and real! I can see you are having a lot of fun on your blog and that is wonderful to see! I wish you great success in all your endeavors!
Steven Clark Bradley
www.stevenbradley.net

Olivia said...

Thank you so much Steven! Blessings, Olivia

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW, Olivia! That would be a mind-blowing list for all of 2007, and you experienced it in 30 days?!? I'm in awe. You rock.

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing list. You are my inspiration for giving up sugar (again.) I give it up for a while and it comes back, but today I am rededicating myself to that.

Olivia said...

Thanks, Carla. Blood, sweat, and tears, the 30 days went by and I am grateful to have had this experience! Blessings, O

Olivia said...

You know, Lori-Lyn, of all of the things I miss, I miss sugar THE LEAST! I take inspiration from what Jimmy Moore says--"Sugar is rat poison". If you think that, you won't go near it. I have severe hypoglycemia, and when I was in my early 20's I stayed away from sugar for several years. I felt healthier than I ever had!

I am glad to have inspired you. I look forward to your regular videos on YouTube, which inspire me :)

Love and blessings, O

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Congratulations Olivia!
What admirable things you have accomplished!
I am working on alot of things in your list. I am getting there, too!
Keep up the great sacred intentions!
xx

Olivia said...

Thank you Carmen, for your support! We'll be in it together :) Love, O