Happy Luau

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Unplayed Music


"Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try."---Katharine Hepburn

I so do not want to be one of those people, do you? Are you? This is something good to meditate on, and/or a provocative question to ask at your next gathering---just skip the small-talk and go for the gusto!

This inspired me to think about what in me is still unplayed. I know there is so much, which is why I so want to live a long and healthy life. I need time! I've been watching rentals of the HBO television series "Six Feet Under", which is the story of a family who lives over and runs a funeral home, and each episode features a death at the beginning. Subsequent episodes may have much or little to do with this death of a stranger (usually) but all focus on a theme, and I have enjoyed my viewing greatly, because it makes me think about living..and dying. I don't think that you can really think about one without thinking about the other, do you? If you get a chance, rent the pilot from Season One (there were five seasons, and all are on DVD for rental), and I'm betting you'll get hooked on working your way through, as I am.

~Picture by Hubbie Mark

3 comments:

Leah said...

what a great quote. yes, definitely something to meditate on.

i *loved* six feet under. enjoy it, it's a great series with an amazing finale.

i'm glad your knees are on their way to recovery!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am not a tv person in general, but I LOVED Six Feet Under in its first couple of seasons. I haven't had tv in a while, so have missed a lot. Very addictive show...the same way Northern Exposure hooked me. I love shows that make me think about life and death and the meaning of it all.

Olivia said...

I love shows that make me think, too. Six Feet Under is so addictive, it's scary. Thanks, you guys, for visiting, for your love and support!