Happy Luau

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sacred Life Sunday: My First Art Journal

For Sacred Life Sunday, I started my Art Journal. This was sacred, daring, nurturing, and satisfying for me today.

I found out about how to do an art journal in this video by Suziblu.

Here is the link to Leslie's Comfortable Shoes Studio blog. I got a screaming deal on the journal for $19.99 on ebay. It is worth way more than that, of course. Leslie has another one just like mine on etsy now but it costs twice that. It's still a fantastic deal. I treasure mine and will keep it forever.

Ha, ha, I see that Leslie is on Suziblu's blogroll. Is that cool or what?

Here is my video about my first art journal. I apologize for the way the zoom was a little off at the end. This was because I had it on for the wasp (see below).

All you GWCC-ers may note that I'm finding creative ways for dealing with my anger. This particular time I did not transmute it, but expressed it in the journal. Overwhelm would be a good way of describing how I feel today...however...so far I've gone almost 22 hours with no GWCC! I have never gone a full day before. But anyway, it, er...backed up a bit. This is maybe not the best way of dealing with it, but it is less destructive than many other ways I would have chosen in the past, so I'm happy.

UPDATE: My new record is now 22.5 hours with no GWCC. I wanted to make it a full day...I will, hopefully one day soon.

So here is my video, less than two minutes long:





And here, for your amusement, is an OTV outtake that is 50 seconds long. It was kind of funny and educational so I thought I'd include it :)





This post is about the Complaint-Free Challenge, otherwise known as GWCC. If you'd like to find out more about creating a Complaint Free World, see my earlier post here. If you don't know how the complaint free bracelet works, find out how here.

15 comments:

patti said...

Your journal looks scrumptious already - happy creating!

Olivia said...

Thanks, Patty, I had so much fun! Happy Monday with love, peace, and all good things, O

Rick Hamrick said...

Olivia, what a beautiful work of art in which to put *your* art!

Congratulations on getting to well over 22 hours of GWCC-free time. It was only a few days ago that your longest stretch was three hours!

Leah said...

oh, congrats on starting your first art journal!! hooray! it looks fabulous! keep playing and having fun with it! xoxo

Olivia said...

Thank you, Leah...you know before this last year I'd never even heard of an art journal---in my whole life! Thanks for your inspiration of being "creative every day"! Love, O

Olivia said...

Thanks, Rick! I'm so glad you appreciate it. Just looking at it, touching it, even smelling the leather is a wonderful experience for me.

Thanks for the congrats, too. You're right about the 22.5 hours. It really made me happy. I felt good too. It helped that I stopped swearing alone (in the car and in the house)...and then I had other motivation, which I think I'll blog about today!

Thanks for your help in setting an example and blogging about it,

Love,

O

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations on 22.5 hours. It feels good, doesn't it? I think the art journal is an excellent idea and great dumping ground for the negative energy. That IS transmuting, isn't it? It got transmuted into art! No?

The Dream said...

When I heard this for the first time, it blew me away:
Anger = Guilt/Shame of the past + Fear of the future (losing something one has or not getting something one wants).

Congratulations on your 1st art journal. I have never created one - you're awesome!

Olivia said...

Thank, Kelly. You are absolutely right about the negative energy transmutation! There is not only one "right" way to do this; I need to remember this. Thank you for seeing this,
Blessings and love, O

Olivia said...

Thank you, Eileen. It's so fun. I didn't know it. Looks like I'm going to be discovering a lot of new things in the second half-century of my life! Joy and aliveness, O

Anonymous said...

I love that glimpse into your art journal! It looks great.

Angela said...

What a gorgeous journal! I'm loving this idea; plus it's a great gift idea. Thanks for sharing it, O. You're the best!

Olivia said...

Thanks, Lori-Lyn and Angela, Have a terrific Tuesday, Love, O

Unknown said...

I love your art journal. I might have to get one of those myself.

Olivia said...

It's so much fun, Kristine, and you're an artist by vocation, so you may love it even more than I do :) xxoo, O