Happy Luau

Friday, May 1, 2009

To Brighten Up Your Friday

Enjoy this video via Beverly Keaton Smith, guaranteed to spiff up your end of the week fatigue! It is of a "flashmob" in a train station in Antwerp.

"Flashmobs are used by forward thinking marketers to demonstrate a concept or launch a new brand. They have a guerilla / underground type of feel and if organised well and targeted properly they can really add power to an advertising strategy.

Flemish commercial television station VTM used a creative Flashmob approach to launch their newest reality television program “Op zoek naar Maria” which has been launched to find an actress to play the leading role of Maria in the musical version of The Sound of Music.

At the Central Station in Antwerp. A modern version of The Sound of Music hit “Do Re Mi” came through the speakers and a few started to dance to the music. Gradually, more and more dancers, disguised as commuters, joined them until the entire hall was packed with a dancing crowd."---from the blog Samro






Now, have a Fantastic Friday!

6 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

This is a great video ! I wish I could have been passing through Central Station as this happened !

Happy May to you Olivia !

Olivia said...

I'm so glad it pleased the queen and that you found it as fun as I did. A happy May to Her Highness on the fine May Day! Blessings and peace, O

Unknown said...

I've watched this several times. It always leaves me smiling ear to ear!

Olivia said...

I'm so glad you liked it Kristine. Me, too :) Nice to see you here in between all of your art projects! xo, O

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

So glad you enjoyed this Olivia...makes me smile every time I watch it!

Olivia said...

I'm glad you like it too, Beverly. It is great to repeat, isn't it? Have a great rest-of-the-weekend, O