Happy Luau

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Morning Pages

Today is day one of my twelve week Finding Water online group. I wrote my morning pages this morning. It took an hour and was freeing and wonderful. Permission to write for no reason. I feel set free.

"Life itself is the proper binge."---Julia Child

When I stopped working at my job this month, it never occurred to me that life could be this good. First my collage class, now Finding Water. I'm anticipating the "goodly walks" and Artist Dates. I don't think I've ever had so much fun before. I've ventured out slowly and tentatively, afraid that it might be too good to be true. But this in truth is life, and life can be good and happy and fun, and this is what I'm finding out.

I walked yesterday for the first time in a while with DS. I wore my new miracle Dansko's that are providing a healing cradle for my left foot to recover from tendonitis. Hubbie makes fun of these, but they are SO comfie. They do look silly. I love them.


My favorite time this month so far has been talking at DS's house with her husband and another friend. About thoughts and ideas. Drinking tea. It reminded me of all the talks I had in college in groups of like-minded people. We whiled away the afternoon, something I'd have never done before without watching the clock. Pure indulgence.

~All pictures by Hubbie Mark

8 comments:

Leah said...

i'm so glad that you are doing finding water!! it sounds like things are going wonderfully for you, how awesome to feel like you're at a point where you are finding life to be good and happy and fun!!

i have dansko shoes too! they're so comfortable! i got them while in massage school because many of my teachers recommended them. they're great even if they look a little goofy. :-)

Olivia said...

Oh yea, Leah, thanks! And thanks for starting Finding Water with Jessie. What an exceptional idea.

Carla said...

Your afternoon tea+talk sounded heavenly! Reading your post, I realized I was supposed to start doing my morning pages TODAY for Finding Water. *GULP*. Oh well, tomorrow will be my first day. :)

Olivia said...

It's nice that we don't have to be perfect :) I never am, and I'm as proud of that now as I was proud before in my attempts at perfectionism. Wabi sabi. It's so much fun being human.

Carla, I love your blog so much. I'm a subscriber, and read each post. It is truly restful, an oasis. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Enjoy your first day tomorrow!

Jessie said...

happy day 1 of finding water! i love the explosion of color in the flower photo. and the danskos--dang, i love danskos!!

this post makes me feel energized. i look forward to returning often! :)

Olivia said...

Awww, thanks so much, Jessie for the kind words. Hubbie took that beautiful flower photo; flowers are his specialty. Please do come back often---Aloha and Mahalo!

Olivia said...

Oh, and Jessie (I just realized which Jessie you were), thank you so much for starting the Finding Water group with Leah. I can tell that this is going to be an incredible experience for all of us.

Olivia said...

Thanks, Melba. Hubbie is a talented photographer; I will post more of his pictures.

I LOVE YOUR COLLAGES! What a great idea to invite feedback and activity and to share your work. I would unfortunately seldom take the time to really look deeply at someone's art, but I did, and am so glad. You have a unique style---keep it up! If you're reading this comment, click on melba's name, go to her site and enjoy.