Happy Luau

Monday, February 5, 2007

Handmade Journals---An Affordable Luxury


Over the past couple of years, I've had several journals made by hand by Leslie Herger of Comfortable Shoes Studio in Massachusetts. I've never met or spoken to Leslie, but it is very easy to work with her over the Internet, doing everything from selecting the weight and color of the paper to the softness and color of leather for the journal. Doing this is a fun and affordable luxury, one that keeps giving me pleasure on a daily basis as I record my thoughts, hopes, and dreams. I love her journals.

I have a main journal that I worked extensively with Leslie in creating, plus an art journal that I bought from ebay that she'd already made up. (She also sells journals that she's already created, if you'd rather work that way.) Leslie's main site is here, and her bookbinding blog is here, but you can find her here on ebay, plus here on etsy. My gorgeous journal is described here. Look at one of here latest creations here.

~Picture by Leslie Herger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing your journal. You're very fortunate to be able to have exactly what it is you want. Perhaps one day I'll blog just enough to get one made for myself. ;-)

Olivia said...

I love your blog, Heather. It is consistent, perseverent, and provocative.

Leslie has lots of journals for sale on ebay that end up going for pennies. I use Firefox and bring up her offerings on etsy every day. I have gotten some screaming deals! :)