Happy Luau

Friday, February 16, 2007

Beautiful Rolls


Here's an absolutely gorgeous picture of a woman in Dove's Pro-Age campaign. She has the most beautiful rolls of curvaceous flesh I've ever seen. I've blogged about the Pro-age campaign previously.

Dove's ad campaign targets pre-menopausal and post-menopausal Baby Boomer women. I must say that it is effective, at least for this Baby Boomer. I'm looking forward to new ways of aging as I prepare to turn 50. It's the most exciting exploration of my life. I know that I'm going to age differently from previous generations, but I'm now sure just how. There are plenty of role models around in the media and in my life, and I'm observing, processing, and defining for myself what aging will mean to me.

Check out this article: Campaign for Real Beauty Uncovers the Beauty of Women over 50. Dove wants to demonstrate that "women are genuinely stunning -- at any age"...

"Dove seeks to create an attitudinal change in the anti-aging category
-- from negative and fear-driven to affirmative and hope-driven," says
Kathy O'Brien, Dove Marketing Director. "Pro-age is about looking great for
your age."

Affirmation and hope versus negation and fear. Sounds good to me. I also agree with Dove's "Beauty Comes of Age" survey, that:
  • I am too young to be "old"!
  • Past generations of women over 50 were not doing the things women over 50 are doing today.
  • The media and advertising need to do a better job of representing realistic images of women over 50.
  • Society is less accepting of appearance considerations for women over 50 than their younger counterparts, with showcasing one's body the least acceptable.
Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty site is here.

3 comments:

tah2002 said...

The only beautiful rolls are crescent rolls, not rolls on people.

Olivia said...

I think I believed that back when I was young---in my twenties. I would have hated my body if I'd had rolls. Things change, and life changes so much. What you find beautiful, too, sometimes.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you, tah2002. I love her rolls :)

patti said...

Oh, I love her rolls too, they look a lot like mine! I began Yoga training back when I was 37yrs old and it taught me a lot about body acceptance. Now at 47yrs old, I know that if I feel right, I look right. So it's just a matter of eating right, exercising right and attending to the spiritual. My hubbie Max has never complained about my rolls of flesh.