Happy Luau

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday: Food and Fun

It is truly a blessing to have enough food to eat, let alone to enjoy tasty and special food. So I am twice blessed. Especially lately!

Last weekend LoveHubbie and I took off just to have fun. We went to Seattle (90 minutes north) to the market and just tooled around all Sunday:









Then we ate at an amazing restaurant called Impromptu. It is owned by the husband of one of my favorite bloggers, Shauna Ahern, who also wrote the outstanding book "Gluten-Free Girl":



Below is my crab, avocado and mango salad:



And here is my entree: red snapper with mushrooms and scalloped potatoes:


Absolutely. Stunning. Food.

This weekend we had lots of fun also. Pictures to follow. Sometimes you're just too busy having fun to blog :) In my case, not often enough!

And for your enjoyment, a short video (2:23):





~Photos and Videos by LoveHubbie Mark

7 comments:

patti said...

Mmmm... Loved seeing the markets and the restaurant food. Beautiful rainbows!

Olivia said...

Indeed, Patti! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Peace and holiness, O xxoo

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Olivia...
Nice to meet you.

Before I can add your blog link to the bloggers over 50 I need to ask you to add either the graphic [linked] or the blogroll javascript to your sidebar for other member who are perusing the blog roll list, so they have the list at the ready to continue visiting others.

When that is added, let me know, then I can add your blog link to the list of members!!!

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Olivia, you are so beautiful, inside and out...I loved your video and your photos...makes me want to go back to Hawaii...today! The food really is the best there, huh? Thanks for sharing. Love, Beverly

Olivia said...

Thank you, Bev! You are so sweet. Yes, the food in Hawaii is ONO! So very, very good. I miss it, especially seaweed salad and slabs of sashimi ahi! Love to you, O

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a great time. I have always wanted to go to Seattle.

Olivia said...

It was, Kristine. If you're ever up this way, let me know. We're on the same coast! It is beautiful here, especially this time of year. Blessings, O