Happy Luau

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wellness Wednesday: Play


















It's early in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and I'm thinking about how I want to spend the day. I'm ever so seriously getting ready for vacation---scurrying around trying to finish up every last little thing as though I'm going away for good instead of just for two weeks---and thought that introducing play into my day would make it more enjoyable. So I'm going to do just that, and then come back tonight and share with you how I did just that.




UPDATE: Well, today I had great fun (really!) getting my hair fixed up with my friend L. And I spoke to my friend S. about AOH (The Ascent of Humanity) and had a fantastic conversation. And now I'm going to cook my dinner, slowly, and then savor each bite. I also blew off some work I technically should have done, which I virtually never, ever do. And I'm going to bed early because the flu seems to be coming back for a second round perhaps. Not too much play, but close enough for me.

Actually I think I'm holding back for vacation. I'm tired (I only slept 4 hours last night), and I'm sick...and playful for me today is treating myself well and going to sleep early. So that I can pack tomorrow, do last minute errands, and then TAKE OFF FOR MAUI!

I'll do playful better when I've had my vacation...I promise :)


~Picture by LoveHubbie Mark

10 comments:

Claire said...

exquisite pictures!! lovehubbie is an awesome photographer, olivia! thank you for your lovely comments on my blog today :o)
i can't wait to hear how you spent the day...
xxx

Olivia said...

Thank you, Claire :) xxoo, O

Scott said...

I hope you get to feeling better Olivia! Enjoy your vacation to "paradise."

Olivia said...

Thanks, Scott! Mark is really, really sick. However, we wish to talk to you still...I'm thinking we'll actually do it now that we'll have "free time". We have some specific news just for you...xxoo, O

Rick Hamrick said...

Have a great time, Olivia!

If Maui cannot cure the ills that are chasing you and Mark, nothing can.

Olivia said...

Right on, Rick! :) xxoo, O

Annie Z said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. I have been under the weather myself this last week. Feeling a bit better today though.

I am so far behind on your blog. My goodness. All your little video clips! I will do my best to catch up on all you news and moments.

I'll miss you when you are away, but you better have a GREAT time!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about it all. Soak in that sun. You deserve every bit of it.

Much love,
Annie
xxx

Jessie said...

i feel like i've fallen off the edge of the blogosphere and i just wanted to come here to tell you that i love you and miss you and am thinking about you often!

p.s
can i come on vacation with you?
;)

thailandchani said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and come back refreshed and renewed. :)

When you get back, I should have... The. Book.

patti said...

Have a beautiful rest and recharge among the palm trees and frangipani Olivia. (I'm very envious!)