I was inspired to write this post by laundrygirl and Chani. Their recent posts emphasized gratitude and being content with the quotidian activities we all engage in. And of course, I am continually inspired by Kikipotamus the Hobo's ongoing Grace in Small Things adventure, echoed at times by AbitibiSouth. I am convinced that if we can learn to do this, we can have more peace and get more enjoyment out of life.
So today I thought I'd write a list of some for the small things that brought me pleasure, grace, and peace.
- Continuing recovery from my painful gum infection of the last few weeks.
- Not falling lots of times when I almost have.
- The silence that is around me for most of the day.
- A fountain pen that was a gift from a near stranger.
- Added by LoveHubbie: "The way a fire feels on your backside." (This would be the heat from a woodstove, not lighting your buttocks on fire.)
- Light rain for my walk (as opposed to hard, driving, drenching rain.
- Committing myself to finally doing some art (Kate's Striped Paper technique) which you can see more of here and here. I plan to do it with glue though as I don't have a sewing machine. I love the look of it.
- Having an empty refrigerator but finding some sardines.
- The clean light feeling I get when I wash my hair.
- Eyes that can see to read, still.
- Each and every one of you.