Happy Luau

Friday, March 27, 2009

Be Inspired!


As I prepare for vacation tomorrow I wanted to share with you Molly Gordon's amazing reworking of Marianne Williamson's well-known quote:


"Our deepest fear is not that we are without resources.
Our deepest fear is that we are infinitely and completely supported.
It is our good fortune, not our lack of resources, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to benefit from the work and support of others?

Actually, who are you to do it alone?
You are a child of God.
Pretending to be an only child or an orphan does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about doing it all yourself so that other people won't envy or resent you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
And to shine in that way requires that we open our minds and hearts to infinite Love,
Love that is made manifest in the kindness of strangers, the support of friends,
and the brilliance of those who have gone before us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we allow others to help our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."---Molly Gordon via Melissa Gayle West




Wow. Wow. Wow. I think I like Molly Gordon's version even better. Both are empowering and inspiring! Have a wonderful day today!


~Photo by LoveHubbie Mark

4 comments:

GreenishLady said...

That is great. I'll have to read it over a few times to take it in properly, I think. Olivia, have a marvellous time in Hawaii! Hope it is restorative and healing for you.

Olivia said...

Me, too, Imelda. I'm printing it out right now to take with me to Hawaii. It's easier to meditate on things there sometimes...lots of time and lots of calm. Thank you for your kind thoughts, Love to you, O

Jessie said...

oooh yeah...i am drinking this up like orange juice! i needed a dose of that particular vitamin.

Olivia said...

I'm so glad, Jessie! xo, O