Happy Luau

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Back From Maui

Hi, all! I've been back from Maui for exactly one week, but hit the ground running and am just now getting back to blogging again.

This vacation was by far the best vacation I've ever had. It was to celebrate my 50th birthday, coming up next month. I hosted (in other words, paid for) my husband, best friend, and stepdaughter to come with me. This was a big deal breakthrough for me because I haven't been good in the past in making money; my intention is to change this in my fifth decade of life, starting off with the vaction! It was a great privilege for me to gift them; in return I was incredibly blessed by all of them.

I don't have pictures from my camera downloaded to share with you yet. I'm still not really "back" yet emotionally, which is completely normal for me. Whenever I go to Hawaii, I merge so fully with the culture that it takes a bit of time for me to really bring my soul back to where my body is---here in the rainy woods of the Pacific Northwest. I'm still reverberating from leaving behind the Uluākea, which means "immense inspiration stimulated by the thriving spiritual essence of Hawai‛i skies, mountains, oceans and the kānaka, people". My husband and I are still speaking to each other in Hawaiian (the little we know). Every time I look outside or look around me I feel surprised at what I see, as in my heart I expect something very different.

I love where I live; it's just that I'm in that adjustment period.

No comments: