Happy Luau

Friday, July 20, 2007

Dove's Latest Pro-Age Ad Banned in US

Catching up on back emails, I recently read in Melissa Gayle West's newsletter that this ad was "shown in the UK and Canada" and "was banned from TV in the US." Can you believe it? Melissa writes, "Seems we can show "perfect" teen bodies doing just about anything, but this tasteful ad is off limits." What do you think?

Coming back from Hawaii, and seeing sensuous bodies at all ages dancing the hula and more, I am shocked that such a tame ad would be rejected by our culture. What is up with our American culture, ladies?

If you missed it, click here to see Dove's Banned Pro-Age Ad.

2 comments:

Melanie Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing this. I can't believe that ad was banned! I think it is great!

Olivia said...

I'm glad, Melba, I can't either. I love your blog, especially lately, with all of your inspirational postings! Thanks for visiting!