Happy Luau

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sacred Life Sunday: Perseverance and a Father

This video is quite inspirational. I found it on Facebook via Patti Digh. Don't give up! I'm taking this as my own inspiration this Sabbath Day. If you haven't seen it, spend the 3:15 to be lifted up by Derek Redmond, as you will be:


I am especially moved by Derek Redmond's father in this video. In the past I'd often wish I'd had a father who would come alongside me as I'd go through life; I am blessed to have had a father-in-law who did this for me! 

Today I am also blessed to remember that I have a Father in Heaven who is like this, as do we all...for those of us that believe in a Universe, a Higher Power, and/or a Divine Center, you know what I mean! 


To each and every one of you, I pray that you experience joy and Sabbath rest today, and the companionship of those who love you; today, I am grateful for YOU!

4 comments:

patti said...

Wow. This message is so strong!

I think I have said this before, but my Yoga teacher would always say to me 'Stay With It', when in a difficult posture, and it has always given me the strength to keep going.

Thanks for sharing this video O.

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm wiping away tears. I started to bawl when I the father first reached his son and Derek cried into his dad's shoulder...
So moving. Such a lesson and an example of God's love.

Olivia said...

Patti, I'm so glad you liked it too. I took my first yoga class in years yesterday and thought of you. It was restorative poses only, and it was perfect for me. I'm excited about restarting this phase of my life. I expect to do only restorative work through the summer. Anyway, I'm pleased that yoga can reflect back in a bodily way many other parts of our lives--if this makes sense! Love, peace, and perseverance, xoO

Olivia said...

Kristine, I'm glad you liked it. I watched it again last night and cried AGAIN at that same point. I hope it lifted you up, my dear. Love to you, xoO