Happy Luau

Monday, July 26, 2010

Receiving What Is Good

This post and picture are over a year old and were languishing off to the side, waiting to be posted and then forgotten. I recently found it and decided to post it after all.

It's never too late to be willing to receive what is good.

Actually, as I'm writing this, I realize it's never too late to be willing to receive, period. Whatever we are handed. If we believe that God (or the Universe, as I used to write) loves us, is in control, and wants the best for us--as I do--then we will receive everything that comes to our life.

All is ultimately God's good. All ultimately is part of God's plan to manifest goodness in our lives. Even when it's a struggle to see it.


"If we learn to think of receiving God's good as being an act of worship--cooperating with God's plan to manifest goodness in our lives--we can begin to let go of having to sabotage ourselves."---Julia Cameron


~Photo by LoveHubbie Mark

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What wisdom. I need to let that marinate today.
You are great Olivia!

kate i said...

Absolutely and ahem! It seems we spend so much of our lives installing blocks to recieving the goodness and then when it becomes too painful we go through the process of tearing them them all down.

What a relief!

What a life!

Kate Robertson said...

Wonderful words Olivia, and the picture is so beautiful, I wish I were there.

Rick Hamrick said...

I love this post, O.

Olivia said...

THANK YOU, my sweet friends, all of you! You are amazing...thank you for reading my blog and sharing your comments--parts of yourself--they encourage me greatly :) xoO