Happy Luau

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Homemade Fire Starters

This is obviously not a Thanksgiving post like the umm...7 posts below this (yes I went a little crazy, but just a little...just call me super duper grateful!) but since some of you might be sitting by the fire, I thought it might be useful. This video will be of interest to you only if you have a fireplace or woodstove and would like to learn how to make homemade fire starters. The video is just over 2 minutes long:



Sorry about that constant hum in the background. That was my roof being cleaned. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have to clean our roofs or else the moss will grow under the shingles and actually pull them up. I'll bet you didn't know that unless you've lived here :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't know that! I always seem to learn something new at your blog, Olivia - thanks!
Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving.

madelyn said...

You have such a bright beautiful
beaming smile!

Olivia said...

Thanks, tinker---the same to you! Joy and thanks, O

Olivia said...

Thank you, Maddie :) Peace and love, O

Annie Z said...

You are so inventive, Olivia!
A
xx

Olivia said...

Thank you, Miss Annie! xxoo, O

The Dream said...

You are amazing! Is there anything you DON'T do?

Roof cleaning ... I have never heard of that!

Olivia said...

Eileen, YES, lots! I have only lived in the country for 5 years, and pretty much everything is a learning experience for me here. We've both learned everything the hard way--by having some adverse effect and then trying to figure out what we "should" have done. So much of what people take for granted about living here is news to me...this is the first year I really "understand" my wood stove, for example. I know how to maintain it, and how to stock up on wood for the winter, how much we need, etc. But thanks, anyway.

Yes, so we have a roof cleaning person who also cleans our gutters, but when the gutters need repairing, that's another person. And neither of those guys clean the moss off of the driveway. So it's still there. Who cares, right? Well, it's a slipping hazard to us, and to anyone who might slip there it's a legal liability to us...so much to learn, but life has provided very good lessons :)

Thanks again, Eileen, esp. for calling me amazing. I'll receive that :)

good night and love, O