Happy Luau

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Dark Side of Thanksgiving: Sales

In this least important Thanksgiving post, I include a practical link so that you can save time for more important endeavors on Thanksgiving, such as self-care, love, gratitude, family, good food, rest, and relaxing. I'm exaggerating a bit when I call it "dark", I suppose, but I can't really think of a better word.

I don't like conventional shopping, especially on Black Friday; instead I love the combination of search engines and online shopping: good deals + no driving + lightening fast!

So, if you like to shop on Thanksgiving, but don’t want to leave your cozy warm house, check out Amazon’s Black Friday sale here. Note that it starts officially on Friday. This is something special Amazon is doing to compete with offline stores.

Also check out Amazon’s continuous deals (not just on Black Friday) in the widget in my sidebar.

2 comments:

The Dream said...

Black Friday ... I am pleased to write that I have never participated in this sort of thing. I know many who love the thrill of it all, but that's SO not me.

Olivia said...

Me, either, Eileen. It is hard for me to imagine enjoying shopping in throngs, but some folks do! Peace and love, O