Happy Luau

Friday, November 16, 2007

7 Random Things


So I was tagged by Angela at Eclectic Recovery yesterday to write 7 Random Things About Myself. These are the rules:

1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.

2. Post these rules on your blog.

3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.

4. Tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.


Thank you, Angela, and here are my seven random things:

1. My first story every published was in the Honolulu Advertiser when I was 9.

2. I am the only oldest daughter in four generations on my mother's side to not die right before (as in, within days before) my 45th birthday.

3. I am highly allergic to champagne and pork chops.

4. My major in college as an undergraduate was statistics.

5. I have been Catholic, Mormon, and fundamentalist Christian. I have never been Buddhist or Hindu.

6. I have had over 40 jobs, spanning wildly different areas, including ballet school administrator, systems analyst, paralegal, high-end dating service salesperson, library clerk, medical practice manager, and ice hockey guard.

7. I don't follow or care about sports and never know what people mean when they talk about "the game".

And here are the people I'm tagging:

1. Rick

2. Lori-Lyn (who I really want to know more about!)

3. Kate

4. Kate I

5. Karen

6. Eileen

7. Joni



~Picture by LoveHubbie Mark with underwater camera

10 comments:

Rick Hamrick said...

I have met the tag, Olivia, and can claim successful completion of the pass-the-tag-along task! Not only that, I got in a plug for Olivia TV. Don't worry...I'll just bill you later!

Olivia said...

WOW! You are lightening fast, Rick! Thanks for the plug for Olivia TV, too :) Send your bill along!! Loved your list. It's fun to get to know people in this way, isn't it? Esp. like your Endless Pool...LoveHubbie wants one of those, too. Thanks for meeting the challenge, Rick! Love and conducting wishes, O

Anonymous said...

Olivia! This is a fascinating list! I have to tell you that part of my job is to compile announcements from around campus for the online newsletter. Whenever I get the ones about sports, it's hard for me to edit them because they look to me like they're written in a foreign language. It would be impossible for me to care less about sports. (Don't tell certain members of my family.)

The Dream said...

GREAT Random List, Olivia! I will complete this in the next few hours. You're so fun! Ice hockey guard? Wow!

Olivia said...

That's interesting, Lori-Lyn. I can't imagine editing sports, something that I couldn't understand either--plus I wouldn't want to! I am fascinated by what people do compared to what they want to do (for some reason) and I so loved your video yesterday. Thank you, Saturday blessings, O

Olivia said...

I'll look forward to it, Eileen! Saturday blessings, O

Angela said...

Olivia,

Well, who would've thunk my dear, that you could care less about sports. I'm a football fan, college. But I rarely watch anymore since I can't get my Georgia Bulldogs on tv much. Besides, I only watch Olivia TV lately! Thanks for playing!

Olivia said...

Angela, well thanks for inviting me :) and you're welcome.

I'm glad you're an Olivia TV fan!!
Happy Saturday, O

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I thank you first for your lovely comments in my blog.
I tag myself in L-L blogs with this list, just give me some time to share my 7 things.
I can't believe you are allergic to Champagne!
I love champagne!

Olivia said...

Hi, Carmen, I'll look forward to seeing your list, sweetie! xxoo, O