Happy Luau

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Creative Every Day For A Month

So Karen is working on an experiment, committing herself to creativity for a month. She has been joined so far by Jessie and Leah. All of these gals are from my previous Finding Water community. I'm thinking about doing this also.

What it means is that participants commit themselves to doing something creative each day. Jessie is going to do a painting each day. Leah is going to create a piece of art each day...and be relaxed about it, which really appeals to me. Karen is going to post her art, and include creative writing.

Ok, so now I've talked myself into it. I'm...willing...to do something creative every day. However, I want to be flexible about what it is. I want to think out of the box and learn to be creative in new and different ways, especially when I "don't have time". I want to explore creativity! And then share my results here.

I also want to be relaxed about it. I'll be going from not making time to do anything intentionally creative to being creative daily, which seems like quite a distance. I want to avoid pressure and struggle. But still make the commitment, and then rely on inner guidance to show me what to do that day.



~Picture by LoveHubbie Mark, a photo of one man's creative dream, the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm in upcountry Maui

No comments: